How Can You Help? This is a growing but daunting ministry due to the great need. There are many ways to help as the many current volunteers and contributors have learned.
- Pray for the more than 20 Million persons in the world who have lost the use of their legs through polio, landmines, war amputations, earthquake amputations, crocodiles, etc.
- Give/Raise Funds: This is always basic. It takes money to buy metal and parts, to weld, to package, to ship, and to distribute. Ask — and you shall receive — is the message of scripture. Be creative.
- Find People with welding, metalworking, or woodworking skills who will agree to help build Mobility Cart parts. Help them with expenses–buy the metal, etc. Help them ship it to Mobility Missouri – Columbia.
- Find Businesses that sell or make “off the shelf” items needed for the Mobility Carts. Get them to donate or sell to you at no profit. Send the items to the Mobility Missouri – Columbia.
- Talk about the Mobilty Missouri – Columbia. Promote. Gossip about it. Say to folks in conversation, “Our church is doing a fascinating mission project…” Tell the story.
- Employer match. Remember to fill out the required information with your employer’s foundation so that your monetary gift to Mobility Missouri – Columbia may double.
- Order a Vacation Bible School Kit. Send $15.00 for a kit with a DVD. (Find the link on our Media page.)
- Link your website to ours. In your church/business website provide a brief introduction to Mobility Missouri – Columbia’s mission of mobility and then a link to our website at http://GiftofMobility.org/.
- Collect and bring to us other used mobility devices such as canes, foldable walkers, crutches, and wheelchairs. Even if they need minor repairs/replacement parts, we receive and send them on to one of our distribution partners, Hope Haven International, in Iowa. HHI refurbishes used mobility devices and distributes along with our Mobility Carts.
Advance Special #982665: Even though Mobility Missouri – Columbia is ecumenical, we have Methodist roots. For years we have been approved in their special giving avenue called the Advance Special, currently 2013-2016 approval period. This is an online giving option, is available for all donors to use, and for which we pay no processing fees. They take Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Each month they send a check with a list of donors names, amounts and addresses. If you would like to give by credit card through this secure/trustworthy avenue, go to this link which starts at the donation page specific to PET Project #982665: https//secure.gbgm-umc.org/donations/advance/donate.cfm?id=3018067&code=982665
AmazonSmile Foundation – We are an approved charity on this benefit. To choose to support PET Missouri Columbia Inc as your designated charity, go to http://smile.amazon.com/ch/20-5640563. When ordering from Amazon, go through smile.amazon.com then proceed as usual. Once you choose PET, smile.amazon.com remembers for you when entering through the Smile web page each time.
Amazon donates .5% of purchase of eligible products to charitable organizations selected. Tens of millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages. Amazon will auto deposit donations into our bank account quarterly when a minimum of $5.00 has accumulated.
MSECC #9009 (MO State Employees Charitable Campaign) – International charity: If you are a MO state employee, consider giving through your paycheck. We have been an approved charity since 2007 and currently for the two year cycle of 2014 and 2015. Please tell others who work for the state of MO. Gifts are automatically deposited quarterly into our account.
Thrivent Choice Dollars, Organization ID: 515873317: Thrivent Financial is a Lutherans‘ Thrivent Choice(R) program, but membership is now open to all. If you are a Thrivent policy holder, consider designating your Choice Dollars to PET MO-Columbia. Simply call 1-800-THRIVENT and say “Choice Dollars.” They will help you through the process. They will also answer questions you might have. Choice Dollars are automatically deposited into our account monthly.
Stocks: We have a brokerage account and can receive stock shares. Write to us for transfer instructions.
Gifts from the Heart
Honor your loved ones while helping to provide another person with mobility. Two gifts in one, a Gift from the Heart celebrates a special occasion, in honor of, or in memory of while supporting the work of Mobility Missouri – Columbia. A note will be sent to the person being honored, and all Gifts from the Heart will be listed in our next quarterly newsletter. This gift information can be filled out on our donation form.
As you consider estate planning, consider making PET MO-Columbia, Inc. (A Missouri Nonprofit Corp) a part of those plans. The need for the GIFT OF MOBILITY is an ongoing need with millions around the world awaiting it. Please consider these possible words for your will:
“I give (a specific amount, item, residue, or percentage) to PET MO-Columbia, Inc., having its principal office at 1908 Heriford Rd., Columbia, MO 65202 for its mission and purpose to bring mobility to those unable to walk. EIN #20-5640563 ”
Contact Mobility Missouri – Columbia
1908 Heriford Road
Columbia, MO 65202 USA
Newsletter sign up: Email to us to start receiving our quarterly newsletter by email or postal. Begin learning how you can give rugged mobility around the world to those most in need.