Thursday 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Groups & Organizations
One (1) small group can be accommodated on Saturdays. Advance registration required. Subject to availability. Please contact us to submit your request or for more information.
Ask about weekday availability, and for details on our new TEAM BUILDING program!
Our workshop is small and can only accommodate a limited number of volunteers (so that we don’t step on each other’s toes). Presently we have a sufficient number of regular volunteers who staff our workshop on Thursdays and Saturdays, so we are not training new volunteers at this time. Please visit this page often to find out about volunteering at PET Tampa.
We still can use help with communications, and we are always looking for help in this area:
Content Managers – Write articles, post articles, maintain social network interaction.
Please contact us if you are interested!
Thanks very much!
There are many ways in which most anyone can help.
1. Volunteer – We have tasks for all skill levels and interests such as painting, packing, inventory, greeting, light office work, assembly, woodworking, and metal work/welding. We especially need skilled metal workers and welders. We typically close the week of major USA holidays.
The PET Tampa workshop is located at:
1109 E. Osborne Ave
Tampa, FL 33603
Once you arrive, look for the “Faith Baptist Church” sign. Drive around the back to the parking lot inside the chain link fence. The PET Workshop building is in the middle of the courtyard. Please speak to the shop coordinator about becoming a volunteer or use our contact page to inquire.
Safety is our top priority. We require that you adhere to our safety procedures. By registering or signing in at each workshop, you are agreeing to follow all procedures. Please note the following.
– Closed toe shoes are required, and flip-flops/sandles/open toed shoes are not allowed.
– Wear clothing that can get dirty and/or painted on.
– Protective eyeware must be worn at all times. Safety glasses are provided.
– Please do not use electronic/personal communication devices inside the workshop i.e. smart phones, cell phones, iPods, video games, etc. If you have them out, you will be asked to put them away for your own safety and the safety of others.
2. Contribute – You may donate funds to be used for operating costs, shipping, or materials for PET construction. It costs about $300 to build and ship a PET, and since labor and administration is 100% volunteer provided, your dollars go directly to help those in need.
You may contribute online or print out a contribution form. Both are available by selecting the Contribute menu above.
3. Donate – You may donate materials and parts. Our requirements change regularly. Please feel free to contact us about any special arrangements.
4. Pray – You can pray for this ministry. Pray that labor and materials continue to flow. Pray for safe transit of our shipments to their intended recipients. Pray that God will continue to bless this ministry with the resources necessary to allow it to grow.